I love experimenting with all different media. I am most fond of digital artwork, drawing, painting, photography, and sculpting. My artwork usually begins as a simple idea and then my project is built off of that. I never try to start with too complex of a concept because throughout the process of my artwork my ideas and methods of creation change; therefore I don’t start off with too concrete of an idea because it complicates the art making process. When working on a piece my ideas tend to stem off from other ideas, so I like to think that I work as I work. I get absorbed into a project and let the creativity flow; following whatever mood my project is taking. I commonly like to focus on nature. I enjoy capturing organic figures, animals, landscapes, and scenery. In photography I enjoy being outside and finding interesting subjects or scenes to focus on; in the absence of something interesting to shoot I change my surroundings by adding props or filters. In digital artwork I use filters to make colors pop and blending modes to create unity and movement. When painting I commonly like to make my own colors because I feel it’s easier to create shading in a piece when you’re the one who made the colors, and in drawing I believe using more than one unity in a piece adds good texture and composition. Colors are amazing, and although I think that some projects look best in black and white I love to experiment with different color palettes to see how they effect the appearance of a piece. Another method of experimentation for me is not just working on plain paper. Painting, drawing, and carving can look good on a variety of different canvases. I may like to experiment in art, but I also like to keep an element of my prior methods in all of my pieces of art; for example I don’t normally work big. I like to keep my pieces on a moderate scale because I like to add little details that are attractive and interesting to the eye.

To me art is a means of creativity and self-expression. I feel that anyone can be an artist even if they don’t feel like they’re very talented. In artwork there is no definition is what is right and what is wrong, and that is what I love about art. Art is universal and is one of my favorite outlets. I love becoming invested in a project and being proud of the product. My projects hold memories, and when I look at them I think of how much fun I had creating them, and if I struggled in the process they serve as reminders that all mistakes can be turned into great creations.