Artist Statement 

When people look at my art work I want them to see something creative or beautiful in its own way, because isn't that what art is supposed to be? I love working with all types of materials, especailly clay. My favorite thing to do is draw and sketch using pencil and shading. I really enjoy making my projects with clay and constructing different types of projects with different techniques such as slabs, pinch pots, carvings, and coil pots.

I do not like to be given a specific set date or an amount of time as to when my project is due. I feel that it does not allow me to have all the time i may need to properly detail and finish the project how I want too and it causes me to feel rushed. With each project I try to make something new and different. Picking something is the hardest part of the project in my opinion. What you make determines the amount of difficulty you are putting on yourself and the amount of time you are going to need. When you pick what you are going to do you need to think how it is going to be reflective and what the purpose of it is going to be. When I pick what I am going to do, I think of many ideas and then put them together to make something bigger. 

Ceramic waterfall pinchpot combined project